Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Truth

My pastor started a sermon series on 1 Timothy several weeks ago.  I have been so encouraged by the truth being taught at our church.  After hearing the word of God, I realized that I have become a friend of the world, subtly, over the last year.  I think this comes from a lot of different venues - tv, music, working in a public school, laziness.  I don't think I even realized it until we read the first chapter of 1 Timothy.  It's so good to be reminded that there is truth, and without it, we have no standard to weigh anything by.  This is truth, and worthy of full acceptance: "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost." This knowledge is a comfort to my soul, and I know that no matter who may be offended by that statement, it is true and good for every person who hears it.  I have focused too much on what others think of me and how I am perceived.  What I must contemplate now is how to balance speaking words of truth while loving others without judgment.  

No comments: