Thursday, October 30, 2008

When We've Been There 10,000 Years...











My mom's been with Jesus for 4 years today.  It seems like so long that I've been without her on this earth, but I am reminded that it's such a speck of time compared to eternity. She's only been in heaven for 4 years, but even after 10,000 more, she'll have no less days to sing God's praise than when she'd first begun.  I am encouraged by that, even though I miss her terribly here. 

This is what I read from my Daily Light book this day four years ago - it brought great comfort to my soul then, and I want to remember it again:  

~It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
~Has God forgotten to be gracious?  Has He in anger shut up His tender mercies?  
~I said in my haste, "I am cut off from before your eyes"; nevertheless You heard the voice of my supplications when I cried out to You.  
~Shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them?  I tell you that He will avenge them speedily.  
~Wait for the Lord, and He will save you.
~Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.
~You will not need to fight in this battle.  Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord.   

I am so thankful God rescued my mom from her sin, and even though her life was filled with trial after trial, He rescued her, in His time, and took her home to be with Him forever.  He is so good.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey Alicia!

Jessica Nichols here. That close up pic of you as a baby with your mom is absolutely beautiful.

I am so glad that the truths you proclaim here are true! Our God made us for eternity to be with Him.. hallelujah!