Thursday, March 13, 2008

Barack Obama

In my classroom, when something exciting happens, or if someone does really well on a problem, I will hear a resounding "yesssssssss" travel through the class. Sometimes annoying, sometimes cute, depending on the kind of day I'm having. This was happening in my math class today, but apparently there's a new phrase to say whenever you do something well or get a problem right. Today, every time one of my math students did something well, they would say in a half-whisper, "Barack Obamaaaaa..." and pump their fist in the air, as if the presidential candidate's name is synonymous with a job well done. I could hardly turn around without laughing. I just closed my eyes and breathed in and moved to the next question we were going over. TMTH? I think so.

No comments: